620 W Route 8
Barrigada, Guam 96913

jameson.hunter@myldsmail.net

Saturday, March 23, 2013

MTC letter #2 and pictures


Talofa! Ua mai oe? everyone, 

Well lets get started with my MTC experiences. I am loving it here it is a lot of hard work. We never stop moving I expected it to be a little easier. The hardest part of the MTC is getting up in the morning, but I am getting used to waking up at 6:15. I know what you are thinking... over achiever. But that extra 15 min. is just to make sure that I get out of bed. I love my district we have so much fun together and we are all super close now. We have a pretty awesome group. We have a sister from Hawaii and she is super cool and has an amazing testimony. Her companion is sister Ilawa I don't know if that's how you spell it. Then there a sister from Tonga, Sister Alaalatoa, she is great. There are a bunch of people from the states this guy that is in the Army and he is 23. The district leader Elder Afualo, he is from Samoa and played professional rugby before he came on his mission, he is awesome we have so much fun playing volleyball he is super good at that too. My companion Elder Kleven? How do I tell you about him? First of all we are best buds but he is super funny. I am the senior companion, but before they even told use who was going to be the senior companion I already took charge. Its kinda funny I have to tell him things to do or say or else he will forget. Me and him make an awesome team teaching. It Seems like I always teach most of the lesson's because he gets nervous and kinda just keeps talking and I love it. Me and him have had some crazy experiences with teaching. There is this TRC volunteer investigator thing that we had to do. So we knocked on the door and I let my comp introduce us because that was the easy part, but she wouldn't let us in, so I took over and got us in the house. Then I began teaching about the restoration. It was going so good until I got to the part about the Book of Mormon and the prophet Joe. Then this big black lady freaked out at me about, this book can't be real, any one could write a book about Christ and all this stuff and I was so scared, I thought she was going to attack me. But at the end I got her to take the Book of Mormon and set up another visit. So the next time we taught her about the restoration, there was a time when I knew she could feel the spirit so she keep listening, it was so much better than the first lesson. I feel the spirit so strong when I teach and all the time here in the MTC. I am leaving this Tuesday so I will probably call you from the airport. Tell Britni that I love her BYE BYE

I ran out of time so this is continued. I miss home and I miss all of you guys, thanks you so much for all of the letter's and the candy, it was so nice. I love getting letters from my brothers that was awesome. I love all of you. You know how everyone always invites you to read the Book of Mormon before you go on a mission. Well I invite you to read one chapter and actually study it. Because in this time here I have learned how to actually read the Book of Mormon, I could spend an hour on 5 verses because of how I look at it with my spiritual eyes, not just reading to finish. I have got more out of one verse here than a whole chapter any other time. I want you guys to know that I am loving the MTC and I am so exited to get out and help and teach the people of Guam in 3 or 4 days how ever you look at it. I wish I could tell you everything but I am just too slow of a typer. Mom give Britni a huge hug for me, and maybe you two could go shopping for some more ties. I think I need some more awesome ties and don't worry about being too conservative. I love my pants they fit so good. And mom I love you for the suit, whenever I wear it all I hear is, nice suit or I love your suit, I love your glasses. I have not worn my black pants yet because that's what everyone wears. I love the navy and my favorite are the grey charcoal ones. Thanks for everything I love you all. 
Tofa sou fua, Elder Hunter 
P.S. I set the pull up record on my floor yesterday 28!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment